My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Diagnosis and treatment

I was pretty sure that my ankle was sprained, but definitely wanted to get it checked out to make sure it wasn't broken as well as the best way to move forward for a fast and full recovery.  I was able to schedule an appointment to see Dr. Picklesimer (who was highly recommend) at Eastover Foot and Ankle, Monday afternoon, I was really happy to be able to get in and see him so quickly.  After examining my ankle and looking at a couple X-rays he concluded there was nothing broken (good news).  We talked about what I should/shouldn't do over the next three weeks:  no running (no surprise there), wait til the end of the week to begin VERY easy swimming and biking (which surprised me I'd be able to start back with those so quickly), wear a boot for walking around, ice and elevate to reduce swelling.

May not be the most comfortable, but with it I can now walk
Today I went to Performance Therapy and Mike Danenberg set me up on the Game Ready treatment device, which provides compressions and cycles cold water through a boot, both of which help reduce swelling.  The treatment lasted about 15 minutes and after pulling off the boot, I could actually  see my ankle bone (which I couldn't see before) so it obviously reduced the swelling pretty dramatically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment