My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Renaissance Race Report and various thoughts

BikeSource Podium finishers from Renaissance (a week ago):
-1st Expert: Robert Fish
-2nd Sport 45+ Jeff Smith (clearly he just needed the motivation of being in my blog to finish on the podium)
-3rd Sport 45+ Donald Butler
-2nd Beginner 35+ Omar Reese (rocking the Dickies shorts, I wish I was joking)
-1st Juniors 8-13 Ty Gibbs

I'm astonished at how quickly Robert Fish has recovered from various injuries that kept him off the bike for an extended period of time to win back to back expert races.

My ankle is getting better, but VERY slowly, it is still swollen and my toes still have purple marks on them from all of the blood that was in foot.

While that has been disappointed, riding on the trainer has actually been going very well, no pain:  all I have to do is loosen the top Boa on my Specialized S-works shoes.  So while I might not be able to run for quite at least I'll be able to ride on the trainer and hopefully my cycling fitness won't suffer too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment