My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Ankle Update/Plans for 2013

My ankle is slowly getting better, but it is still a very slow process and one that's had a couple set backs over the last couple weeks.  It feels better but it still hurts some, it's still tight, it's not as strong as my other ankle, it's still a little swollen. . .mind you this is still an improvement over where I started: not being able to walk at all and riding around the shop on a cruiser bike wearing a big plastic boot.

I'm able to run some (I've built up do doing some 3 mile runs, all on pavement), but in the last couple weeks I've twice turned my ankle, not a sprain, but it doesn't bode well for not spraining my ankle again in the near future.  Given that I can't consitently get through even a 3 mile run on pavement, I don't think it's reasonable to think that I'll be able to race off-road any time soon.  As a result I'm going to take a year off from triathlons and focusing on mountain biking.

I'm not sure exactly what my goals will be for next year, but I know one of my big goals will be to get my pro mountain bike license, more on that as I think about what race or races I'm going to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment