My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Requesting Pro License

I've submitted a request to USA cycling to upgrade my cross-country mountain bike license from a Category 1 to a Pro license.  I have very mixed feeling about this and whether I deserve the upgrade or not.  Early in the year (prior to my ankle injury) I was more than able to hold my own with the top Category 1 riders, my results were good although I think not quite as good as they could have been:  I blew up toward the end of a couple races and had some handling issues at the end of the races that didn't give me much time to recover from.

When I put things all together: my race early in the year at Renaissance and the Riverfront Classic (before completely blowing up with about 30 minutes to go and losing 3 or 4 minutes), I was able to more than able to hold my own and then some against Category 1 riders (and many Pro's).  On the other hand my results were a little all over the place and not worthy on the whole of upgrading.  Then unfortunately with my ankle injury I didn't have an opportunity to have more good results to make it clear based on my results that I deserve a pro license.  We'll see what happens and what USA cycling think.

No comments:

Post a Comment