My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Busy upcoming race schedule


Race season is here and it's time to see where I am. I quite a few races coming up in the next couple weeks:

 -The Charlotte Summer Mountain Bike Series races will start April 18th and will continue most Wednesdays through August, I’m not going to taper or rest going into them, but will use them as really hard training days.  I am also planning on running 20-30 minutes following each race (we’ll see how if I can do this or not), to try and get ready for the Xterra races and it will also give me an idea how hard I can push during the mountain bike portion of the Xterra races and still have a good run.

 -April 22nd I will be racing Stumpjump, one of the more important mountain bike races for me this year.  It’s a AMBC (American Mountain Bike Challenge) race and if I have a good result I can definitely use that in my request for a pro license at the end of the year.

 -After another Summer Series MTB race the following Wednesday I have a decision what race to do on April 29th.  I can either do the Huntersville Triathlon, which I might have a chance to race for the win, depending on who signs up for the race (right now there’s not too many big names signed up for it).  I could also do the Southern Classic MTB race in Columbia, which counts toward the South Carolina State Mountain Bike Championships, which depending on how Stumpjump goes I may be in the running for; I guess I’ll see how Stumpjump goes and then evaluate from there.

On a different note I’ve lost a couple pounds since my post about being fat, by doing the small things that seem to make a big difference in my weight (drinking water, not eating to late, and avoiding dessert).  So I’m just about the weight I think I should be, I just need to keep doing the right things with my eating to maintain that.

No comments:

Post a Comment