My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Race Photos and Additional Race thoughts

Here's a link to some race photos of me.  I still need to work on swinging my arms forward and backward while running instead of side to side.  You  can also see in the photo where I'm coming out of the water that I picked up a towel to dry myself off while running to the transtion area (I was very proud of this maneuver).

While I had a race I was incredibly happy with my race the results of Malia Ellington are extremely humbing.  Malia is a 15 year old girl whose splits were 3:25/37:10/17:30 with a total time of 59:18, which was second overall for the women.  This means that she was faster than me on the swim AND run, her transition times totalled to be almost 20 seconds faster than me.  Did I mention she was a 15 year old girl?  And by the way she would have finished 25th in the men's race (out of 229).  .  . WOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment