My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Visit to Performance Therapy

Went to see Zach at Performance Therapy, to get some ART (active relief therapy) for my legs and back.  I’ve been seeing Mike or Zach at Performance for about four years, and have been extremely happy with the results.  Over that time frame I haven’t had an injury that has kept me from doing a workout (with the exception of briefly dealing with some IT band issues following sitting cross legged at my Indian wedding for way too long, which was clearly self inflicted).   I think that track record of avoiding injuries (especially given the amount of training that I do) has been pretty incredible.  They have both been able to notice small imbalances and muscle tightness (usually before I’m aware of them) and address them before they become an issue that causes a problem.  I always feel better after going to see them, and today was no different.  I go to see one of the guys about every three weeks and can’t recommend them highly enough if you have any injury, discomfort, or tightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment