My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ankle. . .getting better

Monday went to Dr. Picklesimer at Eastover Foot and Ankle for my 3 week follow up.  I had still been having some fatigue and swelling, but it certainly had been going in the right direction.  After some evaluation I was shocked to hear from Dr. Picklesimer that he thought I was ready to go ahead and start riding (and more surprisingly racing) mountain bikes again.  I really thought it was probably going to be another couple weeks before I'd be able to do that.  He also said I was ready to be out of the big boot I've been wearing, and into a much smaller/more comfortable brace.  Additionally, he said that I'd probably be able to run again in about 3 weeks.  I was so excited to hear such good news.

This isn't to say that it's all better, just that it's making progress.  I'm planning on going mountain biking this afternoon and make sure it's feeling ok, and then plan on participating (not racing) in the Summer series race that was reschedule to July 4th morning.  Don't tell anyone, but I'm hoping almost no one shows up for the expert race and I'm able to get some points with a really slow time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment