My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mess of a race

Last weeks summer series race was at North Meck park was an interesting experience.  Got up there no problem (which isn't always the case with having to go north on 77 at rush our).  Started getting ready, and realized that I had locked my keys in my car . .. oh sh!t !!  So after asking around no one had a way to get into my car.  I  also started asking if anyone had an extra pair of small shoes that I could wear during the race assuming I couldn't get into the car before the race.  Someone suggested I call AAA and ask them to send someone to open the car, which I did, but they might not get there before the race started.  Wayne Holden had an extra pair of shoes, unfortunatetly they were about 2 sizes too big, but they would work.  About 20 minutes before the start of the race here comes the AAA service guy:


It was great that he got there so quickly, he got to work and within 5 minutes my car was open. . . awesome!!


All of this "fun" meant esentially no warm up, which given my level of fitness it wasn't really going to make a big difference.  Got a good start, actually got into the wood third, some of the other guys got in each others way.  As the first lap progressed I got passed several times, and that's when I started to POOR down rain, unfortunately my glasses became completely fogged up (except for the far right of my right eye, so to really see I had to turn my head really far to the left).  At this point I pretty much gave up trying to place well and I was just going to ride out the rest of the race.  I was pretty happy when Neil called the race do to lightning after 2 laps.  What a mess of a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment