My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My New Bike: 2012 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon EVO R 29


First of all this bike might have the longest name I’ve ever seen, but what’s beyond the overly long name.  It’s built around an Epic 29er Carbon frame, with a 1x10 drivetrain setup, and is the 2012 version of the same bike I rode last year.  The three changes of note from the 2011 version was going from a Reba front fork to a SID (2012 is the first year that Rock Shox has made their race fork in a 29er version), switching from Avids to Formula brakes, and coming with a set of Roval Control 29er wheels.  All three of these things I see as upgrades over the components they are replacing, after riding I’ll have a better idea of how much of an upgrade we’re talking about.
I wasn’t sure how much I was going to like the paint scheme on the bike:  the online picture looked odd, but in person it is AWESOME, gloss black with neon yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment