My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Random Thoughts

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted. Work was very busy for Christmas. . .everyone wants a new bike for Christmas. I actually got a new one just this week, more on that to come. Had a good Christmas and New Years.


Training report cards: I've been doing terrible filling them, but my training has actually been going really well, swimming, biking and running all seem to be progressing. The only thing that I may have been a little lax with has been my mountain biking, but that should get much better with a more routine schedule (no holidays), and having a brand new bike to play around on.

The "winter" weather here in Charlotte has been extremely mild this year so getting out and running has been much easier than it has been in the past. Most days we've had highs in the upper 50's or even low 60's this year. . . you can hardly call that winter, at least in my experience growing up in Vermont.

I've been getting a little antsy to race, I've only done 2 races since the start of September. In the past I've done cyclocross this time of year, but felt I was concentrating on it too much instead of focusing on swimming, biking and running (I would do a bunch of biking but little to no swimming or running). Also not having to travel all over North Carolina to go to races has been nice this fall and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment