My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Race Preview: The Killer 3 Mountain Bike Race (and some random stuff)


Sunday will be my first mountain bike race of the year, I’m a little nervous about it but know that I’m in the end only racing against myself to have the best race I can.  This is especially true in this race since its 39 miles, I can’t get caught up in what other people are doing too much, I need to race my race—if I go out too fast it won’t be very good near the end.  I’m going to try and get a good start, not be overly worried if I’m 1st, 5th or somewhere in between as long as I get out comfortably and avoid any issues.  After that I need to settle in and ride smooth, because it’s going to be a long race and I want be able to go consistently for the 3 laps, I’m certainly not going to have a good race because of the first 30 minutes but if I go to hard it might be very well why I have a bad race.

I didn’t post results from the Charlotte Duathlon, so here they are: Charlotte Duathlon Results.  My splits don't add up, but I think my overall time is correct, I'm pretty sure my first run faster than the results show.

Here’s Mark Cavendish’s bike for 2012, (with specs) it’s really sweet looking. . . 



. . .but not as cool as his 2011 bike (with specs) at least in my opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment