My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Monday, May 14, 2012

How good are pro's? Matt Charbot's power file

Some times you see something that really puts some things in perspective for you, this just happened courtesy of Matt Charbot's power file from a recent pro triathlon.  Here's the link to the article on Slowtwitch if you want to check it out:  Article

He average 275 watts (at 138 pounds) for an hour, and then ran a 31:42 10k (which for those not familar with running, is flying, just over 5 minutes per mile), and he only finished 34th.  It was also a draft legal race so his effort wasn't consistent, it was up and down which means he'd be able to average more watts in a non-draft triathlon.

I was really happy with my last triathlon and averaged 238 watts (at 145 pounds) for half an hour and then ran a 17:52 (the course was shorter than 5k, probably 2.9-3.0 miles).  So his power weight was over 20% better than mine. . .for twice as long.  Oh yeah. . . and he probably would have swam 25% faster than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment