My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Summer Series Race Report (sort of): Renaissance


Yesterday at Renaissance I won my first ever expert mountain bike race.  This is certainly the proudest athletic accomplishment of my life.  Instead of talking in depth about the race (which I felt awesome throughout, and everything went as well as one could hope for during a mountain bike race) I’d like to thank some people that without their help I certainly wouldn’t have had nearly this success in mountain biking.  There have been many people that have helped me accomplish this and I certainly appreciate all the help you have given me, but there are a few people that have made a huge difference for me.

-Mike Danenberg and Zac Breedlove of PerformanceTherapy.  With their help I’ve been able to be injury free for well over two years, and it would have been much longer if it wasn’t for sitting too long cross-legged at my Indian wedding ceremony.  To be injury free this long with the amount and intensity of training that I’m doing is truly remarkable, especially since in high school and college I was frequently dealing with injuries.

-Chad Andrews of Total Cyclist.  I’ve been in good cycling shape for a number of years now, but doing Chad’s classes has taken my fitness to a whole new level.  This has been particularly true for my mountain bike fitness (where you have to be able to push hard then recover) with working on specific intervals has increase the power I can produce and my ability to recover from those efforts.

-Bob Pugh.  He’s the guy that first got me into off-road riding with cyclocross.  We went to tons of races and rode together on a course he made a ton.  Without his enthusiasm and passion for riding particularly off-road I probably never would have continued working on off-road riding.  It was great to see him yesterday after having not seen him in a while.

-The guys at BikeSource.  I’m terrible about working on my stuff and taking care of it.  Thank you so much for all of your help with that.  I know my stuff is always going to work and work well.

-Sakshi, my wife.  Her love and support has been tremendous.  I know my schedule (both work and training) isn’t ideal, but she’s always supportive and so proud of my accomplishments, that it makes my accomplishments so much sweeter for me to be able to share them with her.

Thank you to everyone I mentioned and those that I haven’t who have helped me become the mountain biker and athlete that I am, I am so grateful for your help and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment