My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Roval Control SL 29er wheelset first impressions


In a word:  awesome.  Up until a week and a half ago I was riding the stock wheels that come on Specialized Epic ExpertCarbon EVO R 29er (yeah, I know it needs a longer name), the Roval Control 29.  I’d been extremely happy with those wheels:  pretty light and really stiff, which was a combination that I found to be a better (at least for me) than the really light and not so stiff Stan’s No Tubes wheels I had built up for last year.

What I noticed almost immediately was how stiff the RovalControl SL’s were and they tracked even better through corners and over roots and bumps.  I was able to push the front end of the bike into a corner harder and didn’t have to be worry about them washing out.  In addition to this stiffness the wheels are super light and accelerate really easily.  Down the road after I’ve had chance to ride them longer I’ll right a full review, but at least my initial impressions are that the wheels are awesome.

2 comments:

  1. So, this is what you do when you can't sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just ordered a set. How are they after a week?

    ReplyDelete