My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Diaper Rash Cream--Treatment for Saddle Sores

Disclaimer:  I am NOT a doctor, I have NO medical training, before you use any medical treatments please consult a doctor.  This post is solely based on my experience and isn't to say you will have the same experience.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's get to what I really want to talk about.  I've been working in a shop for almost 6 years, and been cycling for 8 years and I've only heard this from two places (Diab at BikeSource and Bicycling Magazine and I've had great experience with it and wanted to pass it along so maybe others could benefit from this small tip that can make your life much better.  The take home message:  if I feel a saddle sore starting to develop I apply diaper rash cream/oinment to the area.  My experience has been that this greatly reduces the size of the sore and in a couple days it is gone.  If I feel one starting after I take my post ride shower and dry off I will apply the cream/oinment to the problem area, I will also apply before bed if it continuing.  I have used both cream and ointment and haven't really noticed a difference between the two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment