My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review: Swiftwick Aspire Twelve

Triathletes do some interesting things: a good example "Sh*tTriathletes Say" And they invariably look funny with their aero helmets, hydration belts, and tri-short (none of these are very stylish, but I race using all of these), so yes, I am "one of those". One thing that many "cool" triathletes have been using is compression socks, which look AWESOME when worn with shorts or tri-shorts. I'd never tried them, in part because of the dork factor that's associated with them. About a month ago I decided to try out a pair of the Swiftwick compression sock, just to see what if these crazy triathletes were doing. I figured they wouldn't hurt, and I'd wear them under pants so I wouldn't be "that guy".


The first thing I will say about the Aspire Twelve I bought are they are hard to put on (socks hard to put on. . .yeah right, they actually are). I’ve never been humbled by a pair of socks prior to these socks.  But I felt pretty pathetic when I was struggling to put on a pair of SOCKS.  Because they are tight they are difficult to get over your heel, after that they’re pretty easy to roll up your leg, but they are actually difficult to put on.  I was surprise how good they felt when I had put them on and that my legs felt noticeably fresher within minutes of putting them on.  Since then I’ve been wearing them after all my hard workouts and have noticed that my legs are not nearly as sore the rest of the day or the next day.


Overall I think they’re a great product, the only downsides I’ve noticed is the difficulty putting them on (but it is manageable) and that they’re not cheap, but they do seem to be holding up very well after about a month of use and show almost no sign of wear.  I haven’t tried them during exercise, so I can’t comment on how they help during exercise, but they really help my legs feel better after hard workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment