My blog chronicling my journey to earn my pro mountain bike license. Also talking about things from the bike shop and stuff that I think is interesting or cool.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Trying to get my to Category 1 License

Friday I signed up for my USA Cycling MTB license for 2012.  After signing up I had to contact them regarding my category, because I was hoping to be categorized as a Category 1 mountain biker racer (one level below pro) for cross-country racing.  So I submitted my race results from last year to USA Cycling for evaluation.  Later in the day I received three e-mails back from someone with USA cycling, the subject lines all looked the same so I thought it was the same e-mail sent three times.  I openned up one and it was a denial for a Cat 1 downhill license, which I thought was really odd, because I didn't care about my downhill license at all since I don't have any plans to do any downhill races.  For a minute I was very confused, had they thought I was looking for a Cat 1 downhill license, or what was the deal?  I was pretty sure my results justified being moved up.  Fortunately before I got too confused I openned the second e-mail, and this one said that they had approved my upgrade to Cat 1 cross-country. . .AWESOME. . .but what was the third e-mail?  It was a denial for an observed trials, and I'm confused again.  I looked over my e-mail and relized that I hadn't specified in my e-mail what lincense I was trying to upgrade so they must have thought I was looking to upgrade all three.   But in the end I got upgraded like I was hoping to and I got a laugh thinking that they thought Iwas wanted to upgrade my trials and downhill license (I've never done either event)

No comments:

Post a Comment